Sunday, January 16, 2011

Back in the Saddle

Well folks, you are in luck! It looks like I will finally be updating this blog so the grandparents can get their weekly dose of Emma. My current class, Web 2.0, requires that I write a weekly blog, and since I started this one a few years ago, I figured I would get back in the habit. Plus, now that we live half way across the country from our family and friends, it is a great way to keep you informed of just how quickly our little E-Rye is growing.

For those of you that are just beginning to follow this blog, I'll give you a little background. E-Rye is the nickname of our daughter, Emma Ryan. She is 4 years old, and loves baby dolls, puppies and ballet. We worked long and hard for her, and she is our pride and joy.

By the way, "we" is me, Shannon, and my husband, Robb. We met in Statesboro, GA at Georgia Southern University in 1996, and got married in Savannah, GA in 1998. He has put up with my poor housekeeping skills and I have put up with his slightly scary driving for almost 13 years now, and I hope we have at least 50 more years together.


Billy the Exterminator -
Check out his show!




We spent most of our years together either in Statesboro or Savannah, but last August we began a new adventure in Shreveport, LA. It is strange being so far away from our families on the east coast, but we are making adjustments. We have found some great places to shop, and met some interesting people out here, but we are still trying to find someplace to eat that comes close to El Sombrero, our favorite Mexican restaurant back home in the 'Boro.



Anyway, hopefully all you newbies are slightly more informed about the Back family. The rest of the posts will be spent keeping our family back east (and a few on the west coast) up to date with the Adventures of E-Rye.

No comments: